168 comments

1. This bank comes with such stupid tricks. I am not able to access my account for more than 4 months now. The idiots want me to fill a form and send it to their Mumbai Office to update mobile number. People change locations and cell numbers. This bank doesn’t seem to realize that. Can’t wait to pull out my money and get an account with somebody more responsive of customer needs.

2. shiv says:

This shitty and fcuk…ing feature seems to be creation of an unthinkable and rotten mind in ICICI. They even don’t realize or even don’t bother to realize that they are loosing their customer base. At least I have reduced all my transaction through ICICI and moved to a different bank. If this junk OTP feature doesn’t go away in a soon time then I have planned to shift my salary account to a different account as well.

Thanks ICICI management who are really careless and insensitive to customer issue.

It is rightly said that “Vinash Kale Viprit Buddhi”. ICICI is fully aligned to this saying.

3. shiv says:

4. Talk2jayadevi says:

I too agree with you. This is so ridiculous. Instead of using this ‘one time passsword’  authentication, they can ask for some security questions. Its not possible to use the same system to login every time. This is my situation. I am abroad and my mobile no is not registered with ICICI. When I tried to access the site from my smartphone, thats it, it caught me. When I called the customer care, they are helpless. They cannot give me the OTP and even they cannot register my mobile phone no as it is a US no. So the process goes like this. I have to send a letter to Hyderabad branch from US requesting them to register my mobile number and after that I can get the OTP  to my mobile :). Suchhhh… a long process… till then I can not access my own a/c. I don’t know whether I can withdraw money from an ATM if I go to India or that is also blocked. Please clarify.

5. Talk2jayadevi says:

6. Kalmefrnd says:

Oh Shuks….! I am so very frustrated with this OTP Security by ICICI..I am now travelling and its so very tough to access my own account..What is the use of having an account when I cannot open my own account when its very necessary..How stupid is this…!

7. Kalmefrnd says:

8. Questions84 says:

why cant OTP be sent to emails, emails are more secure that phones that you can lose. This is pathetic, and when you call their shitty care, the thug who talks to you will slap your face and say nothin can be done. You have to send a post to mumbai from the US and god knows how long thats going to take and no way to track. ICICI needs to understand practical issues. OTP over email would be fine, but they dont do that shyt either.

9. Questions84 says:

10. krishna says:

This is a pathetic feature. In the name of security, this is causing serious issues. I am now in the US and my indian mobile obviosly doesnt work. I cant now login to ICICI to pay my bills or transfer money to family.  This is pathetic, and i am stuck and miserable because I request my friends to do these things for me.

11. krishna says:

12. pooja says:

We faced the same issue as we are staying Kualalumpur and for money transaction we were asked for a phone number which got disconnedted 5 years ago. and we suffered a lot of problem.

13. pooja says:

14. GK says:

I dont know what the bull shit security is this.. They don’t even want users to login. Customer care peopel also don’t  tell OTP even after all fcking enquiries.. I am so frustrated…….

15. GK says:

16. Nagesh B says:

Hats off to brainless ICICI IT analysts. You send OTP via SMS to resident customers, via email to NRI customers. But what about the customers who traveled to outside of the country for short term ? Are you ready to reimburse hefty SMS bills? Moreover i really don’t understand how come sending OTP to NRI customers Via email is secured and it become an un secured when sending it to resident customers.

Why we need OTP? We have sign in password to view accounts and transaction password to transfer funds. So what the hell with OTP?

ICICI Bank is treated as the first online banking in the country..i have been customer with icici for more than 10 years and i haven’t seen any improvement in online banking.

17. Nagesh B says:

Home PC
    Office PC or laptop
    iPad
    iPhone

Save 4 options ICICI rather than irritating your platinum customers

20. Rajan nagalia says:

ICICI  is providing really a  most secured system, where customer can’t open his/her own account. It keeps on showing invalid login ID or password and and gets locked. you then wait for 7 business days to get new password. Finally when you are able to log in the system again a OTP is sent on your mobile which is never received. Now the process of sending the request for OTP starts on SMS, which you never receive.

21. Rajan nagalia says:

• Fly2shashi says:

They are fucking assholes man. The worst bank in India. And their customer support guys behave like they are doing a favor to us and wherein they are in that job because of us only. Fucking assholes..

• Aby says:

The best way to solve this  use imobile , get it registered with ur mobile no. Then use it in ur phone. No hassles of IOTp and other passwords. Whereever u r u can use it without any problems. I am using it.
      For NRI’s the password will be sent to ur email id. DOnt know how effective it is.

• Fly2shashi says:

• Aby says:

Have something to comment on the article?